Clubs in the Texas Oklahoma Kiwanis District support a wide range of programs that benefit children and families in our communities. From food pantries, school supplies, medical services, backpacks full of supplies for disaster relief and also backpacks for homeless shelters, the Kiwanis District pours hundreds of thousands of dollars each year into programs that reach those folks who have the greatest need. We are very proud of our programs and initiatives and appreciate any support you might be able to give us.
Some of the programs that we are promoting right now include the following:
- Books and crafts for children who are home-bound due to the virus precautions.
- Food drives and distribution to families who have lost jobs or are struggling to put food on tables.
- Safety kits for senior citizens or school personnel who have direct contact with the public. These kits consist of 3 masks, 3 pairs of latex gloves, 1 bottle of hand sanitizer (3.4oz) and a zipper cosmetic bag.
- Backpacks full of supplies that will benefit homeless vets or families of vets who are employed but barely able to put food on the table or take care of basic necessities for themselves or their children.
- The Eliminate Project which is an international Kiwanis/Unicef effort to eliminate maternal neonatal tetanus disease that kills many children around the world each year. Our district has raised over 2 million dollars in the past few years to assist this wonderful program. Visit www.TheEliminateProject.net to get information and updates.
- If you have another Kiwanis program that you would like to support, just mention it in the memo area and we will get those funds into that project.